Man in Box

Man in Box

Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Do you have a story to tell?

I'd like to hear your story about one or more of the following:

  •    Gender conformity enforcement – hazing, verbal or physical abuse, ritual group performances; 

  •     Struggle, recovery, change in the face of gender conformity enforcement; 

  •     Loving individual or collective support for you or others who have been wounded by gender conformity enforcement.

If this brings to mind anything in your personal experience as a child or as an adult, please be in touch. 


 
In addition to my interest in stories from the 'victim' standpoint I am also seeking stories from 'perpetrator' and 'bystander' standpoints.  All are important to the whole picture and our understanding of our gender world!  

In particular, if you have a memory of being an initiator/perpetrator of an incidence of gender conformity enforcement (many of us have) please consider sharing your story and present reflections on the effect it has had on you.
 
I am looking to gather ten to fifteen stories from which to build a performance script of pseudonymous characters telling their stories.

My own story is summarized in a piece I wrote called “Ending the ‘Ordinary’ Abuse of Young Men and Boys.”  You can read it here: http://t.co/gSN92MkMra.


Send me a sketch… or just ask me how I can help get your story out.


Charles Knight   @outofthemanbox
outofthemanbox(at)gmail.com